Who am I?
I’m an Army wife of nearly 14 years. I am a homeschooling parent of three children. We have been homeschooling since my oldest child (age 11) was old enough to learn, some might say that was infancy and some may say age two or three. I also work part-time from home and attempt to write this blog as I can.
- Associate’s of Applied Science in Criminal Justice
- Bachelors of Science in Elementary Education
- Masters of Education: Teaching and Learning
- Graduate Certificate in Gifted Education
- Educational Specialist degree in Curriculum and Instruction.
- I am currently pursuing my Doctorate of Education.
Goals and philosophy of general education:
My goal is to become a subject matter expert in the area of homeschooling, homeschooling the gifted, and to focus upon researching homeschooling. The more I learn about homeschooling the more convinced I am of it’s benefits and the more excited that I become. Even though I am a HOMESCHOOL ADVOCATE and I am not ANTI-TRADITIONAL SCHOOL. I support our teachers and rally behind stakeholders who are willing to look at research-based approaches to make a difference in the schools. To me, homeschooling is the best option, but it is not a viable option for some families. Therefore, I support any efforts to ensure that all children are receiving an education that pushes them to achieve at their highest potential.